Harwood Levitt Consulting (HLC) is a boutique consultancy based in Brussels, Belgium, providing advice on political strategy to blue-chip multinational clients and campaign groups. We work across a number of issues, spanning a variety of industry areas.
HLC is hiring again! We’re looking for a Junior Consultant, a Business Administrator and an experienced Manager to join our growing team.
Are you a quick learner and enthusiastic self-starter or a high performing manager with 3+ years’ experience looking to lead your own business unit?
Junior Consultant (English / French native-level required)
Do you long to work in an exciting and creative environment? Are you business minded with an interest in European / Global political affairs? Then you are the person we are looking for! Due to increasing client demand, HLC is launching an additional recruitment round beyond our regular summer recruitment process. We are looking for 1-2 candidates to join our growing team for a November / January start. Harwood Levitt Consulting delivers strategic counsel for political risk for both Fortune 500 companies and medium-sized organisations to create competitive advantage through public policy, advocacy and communication. We are offering a paid traineeship contract within our developing firm, with various opportunities to learn, progress and quickly take on responsibilities. You will be taking on a dynamic role, involving hands-on experience in strategic public affairs dossiers and regular client interaction. It requires a team member who can think quickly, ensure high quality delivery, and who enjoys a strategic challenge while recognizing the importance of lunchtime dog-walking. Specifically, the responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting the development and implementation of client projects and campaigns
- Drafting communications material and policy briefs
- Media and policy analysis
- Participating in the development of client advice through the capture and understanding of strategic brainstorms and workshops
- Preparing, researching and supporting on new business development
- Administrative support
The skills we are looking for include:
- A demonstrable understanding of the business and political landscape in Europe and beyond
- Strong writing skills, including experience in writing PowerPoint reports
- Strong research abilities, especially media analysis and political processes
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Proven organisational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative environment with multiple priorities
- A positive “can do” attitude, excellent interpersonal & persuasive skills, and a willingness to take personal initiative and responsibility
The candidate: We are looking for a quick learner and enthusiastic self-starter with the following required qualities:
- Master’s degree level thinking and a strong, demonstrable interest in business and political issues
- 1 year previous experience advantageous
- English language skills at native-speaker level
- Other languages highly advantageous
- Advanced IT skills in MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and WordPress an asset
- Right to legally work in Belgium
Type of contract: 12-month ‘Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle’ under Belgian law Remuneration: +/- €1100 per month Starting date: November / January 2018 Applications should consist of a short motivation letter and a CV. In their letter, candidates are requested to explain what makes them different, why they would be a good fit within our team, and why they have chosen HLC. CVs should be in PDF format; no Europass CVs please. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Junior Consultant Position” in the subject line. Typos will immediately disqualify your application. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Harwood Levitt Consulting delivers strategic counsel for political risk for both Fortune 500 companies and medium-sized organisations. We create competitive advantage through public policy, advocacy, and communication.
We are looking for an Business Administrator with French and English fluency, who can think quickly, take initiative, and who enjoys finding ways to continually improve internal processes in a developing firm.
You will support the team, ensuring efficient operations, the smooth day-to-day running of the office and oversee efforts to accommodate the ongoing growth of the company. You should enjoy taking on a wide variety of tasks and be proactive in helping out where needed. Other responsibilities are linked to developing marketing and business development initiatives. The Business Administrator will also support on client projects where needed / possible.
Administration and Business Support
- Work with founding partners to develop and increase internal capacity to accommodate the company’s ongoing growth
- Lead and drive office management, including scheduling meetings, office supplies procurement
- Support the finance director on payroll, invoicing (outgoing & incoming), team expenses, and internal accounting
- Recruitment support and process coordination with the team
- Manage travel arrangements for all staff (domestic & international)
- Manage relationships with all external facilities and maintenance
- Welcome guests, arrange and prepare meeting rooms
- Lead HLC’s employee quarterly social activities and team building exercises
- Provide ad hoc support on client projects e.g. materials creation, note taking etc.
- Support HLC marketing lead in developing marketing and business development plans
- Organise HLC marketing and client engagement activities, including HLC’s Smart Wednesday series, blog / newsletter, website, social media and other externally facing communications
- Manage CRM system and GDPR compliance
- Analyze marketing activity effectiveness
- Perfect fluency in English and French
- Office management or executive administrative experience
- You are autonomous and take ownership; solution focused
- You have strong organizational skills and a practical, pragmatic way of working
- You pay attention to details and respect deadlines
- You are computer literate
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
Type of contract:
A ‘Contrats de travail à durée indéterminée’ under Belgian law for an unlimited period.
This job is ¾ – full time, depending on applicant; we can be flexible with working days/hours.
Competitive remuneration package and benefits, including lunch vouchers, phone expenses, etc.
Are you interested?
Please send your application to email@example.com with the title “Business Administrator” in the subject line.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Political Risk / Public Affairs Manager
Do you long to work in an exciting and creative environment? Are you interested in European/global political and business affairs? Then you are the person we are looking for! Harwood Levitt Consulting delivers strategic counsel for political risk for both Fortune 500 companies and medium-sized organisations. We create competitive advantage through public policy, advocacy, and communication. We are seeking a Political Risk / Public Affairs Manager to work within our developing firm. We are looking for an experienced team member who can think quickly, ensure high quality delivery, and who enjoys strategic challenges and forward thinking. You will be the key contact lead on a multi-client portfolio, leading projects, and balancing competing demands. You must have the ability and desire to grow a business unit, be comfortable managing small teams of 2-4 people, and forward-think on client projects. A track record of successful client relationship management and development is essential. Responsibilities:
- Strategic counsel: Provide insightful strategic counsel to colleagues and clients in a range of sectors
- Project implementation: Deliver public affairs projects supportive of client goals
- Content creation: Lead on co-creation of communications and advocacy collateral, including external messaging documents, with colleagues and clients
- Creative communication: Present your ideas and deliver projects using PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator, maximising visual impact and clarity
- Manage client accounts: including budgets and development of existing client accounts
- Business development: Support growth of client relationships, manage a growing team and represent Harwood Levitt Consulting externally
- Project management: Successfully managing a portfolio of clients and multiple projects, meeting client expectations and maintaining a high-quality work product. Includes management of client budgets and client development
- Critical thinking and problem solving: Proven track record of finding solutions to complex public affairs issues and ability to communicate them effectively to business, based on understanding of client needs
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Proven record of leadership and initiative
- Minimum 3 years’ experience: preferably with client / stakeholder relationship management
- Knowledge of business environment: Expert understanding of Corporate Affairs departments, their interaction and how they fit into company structure
- Experience and knowledge of C-suite level communication behaviour: Comprehensive understanding of corporate affairs and experience of working in cross-functional and diverse business teams, maximising efficiency and resource allocation for internal corporate functioning
- Knowledge of an industry sector: Full understanding of the interconnectedness and complexity of a sector’s business model and external engagement strategies. Deep knowledge of health and / or chemicals sectors is a strong asset
- Comfortable with ambiguity: Able to find a solution / path to achieving goals without precise instruction on getting there
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages desirable
- Fluent French is a strong asset
Starting date: As soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in October / November, with a view to start in November / January. Applications should consist of a motivation letter and a CV. In their letter, candidates are requested to explain what makes them different, why they would be a good fit within our team, and why they have chosen HLC. Please specify where you heard about this job opportunity (e.g. LinkedIn). CVs should be in PDF format; no Europass CVs please. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Political Risk / Public Affairs Manager” in the subject line. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.